Aug 28, 2012

Roxanne Trinity Dotingco Lim of UST - Topnotcher (June 2012 Nursing Licensure Examination)

8:31 PM
My name is Roxanne Trinity Dotingco Lim. I can say that there’s nothing special about me. Just your average girl from a small town called Taft, E. Samar. I graduated high school from Philippine Science High School-EVC. I took up nursing in the University of Santo Tomas. Nursing wasn’t really my first choice. I wanted to take up Marine Biology or Public Health and I even thought of taking up Tourism. But my four years of being a student nurse taught me the value of service. Throughout my stay, I learned to love nursing. It has become my passion and so studying its concepts has become a lot easier.



Reviewing for the board exam was the most stressful time of my life. I had so much to study in so little time. I was really depressed after the exam and I wasn’t even sure if I’ll pass. I really did not expect this.

I would like to share this fun fact about me. I have never been first place in anything, so landing on the top spot has both been my obsession and a cause of many disappointments. I have been yearning to be number one in something ever since I was little. But that chance was never given to me until now. For once in my life I did not wish to be number 1, but for once in my life I became one.

I would like to extend my deepest gratitude first of all to God, my family and friends, mentors, my alma mater and to everyone who congratulated me. Words can never explain how happy I am right now. To all those who will be taking the PNLE I’m going to share a few of my secrets. First, never forget God. Pray, pray, pray. Also, do not simply memorize. It is important to understand the concepts for most of the questions in the exam require analysis. I also suggest that you balance work and play. It is never really healthy for you to study nonstop. But it is also not good to disregard your studies in exchange for pleasure. So learn to balance these two. FOCUS and DISCIPLINE are also very essential.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer